NoRa will re-open starting Thursday, January 7th
NoRa friends and family
It is with great relief and joy that we announce our plans to re-open NoRa. Below outlines what we've done, what our re-opening plans are and what our future plans are. We share this to provide as much transparency and confidence so that you feel as safe and comfortable returning to NoRa. This has been a challenging time for all of us. We appreciate all of the good wishes, positive thoughts and warm regards for all of us and the entire NoRa community.
If you have any questions or comments about any aspect of this, please e-mail email@example.com and we'll respond as quickly as we can.
Preparation for re-opening
In order to make sure NoRa is as safe as possible, we have undertaken the following steps.
- NoRa has been professionally disinfected
- All staff that will work at NoRa have had two negative tests with the second test being at least five days after the last possible point of exposure to any staff member who tested positive
- All cups, plates, utensils, smallware, etc has been cleaned and sanitized
- All tables, surfaces, seats and communal areas such as doors and door handles have been disinfected
We are planning on limited re-opening and will expand in phases to normal hours and operations in a controlled manner to ensure no issues and to provide a way to safely staff NoRa.
- NoRa will reopen Thursday January 7, 2021
- NoRa's hours for Thursday and Friday will be from 8 am to 1 pm.
- For Thursday and Friday, we will be offering take-out only and will NOT have breakfast or lunch foods. We do plan on having our full complement of drinks and should have most of our bakers' items for sale.
- We are implementing new staffing policies and will only have two baristas working at a time.
- Outdoor seating will be open for guests but no indoor seating.
Starting Saturday, January 9, 2021
- We will expand our hours to 7 am to 6 pm
- Prior to Saturday, we will update you regarding any changes to food options or seating.
- We will continue to implement the health policies we had in place and will be putting in some new ones for our staff.
- For customers, we will continue to enforce that masks must be worn at all times when inside NoRa - especially when engaging any member of the staff.
- We are implementing a variety of new health and safety measures for our staff. Some of these you may notice during their interactions with you or when cleaning up. None should impact the quality of service you receive from us and we ask you to respect and follow any requests made by the staff so we can ensure everyone's safety.
- We will continue to open at our normal 7am for the foreseeable future.
- We do plan to bring back breakfast as soon as possible
- We do plan on opening up indoor seating again under specific conditions. NOTE: To ensure the safety of all of our customers and staff and to prevent another shutdown of NoRa, only customers who adhere to ALL of our policies will be allowed to sit at inside tables. While these policies may seem inconvenient, we appreciate our customers who respect our goal to keep NoRa safe and open for all.
- We are evaluating how and when to bring back lunches
- We are exploring new ways to serve our customers such as through delivery
- We will evaluate based on a variety of factors when to return to our normal closing time.
We thank you again for all of the love and support we've received. It is truly heart-warming to know that so many of you consider NoRa more than just a place to grab a cup of coffee. While this has certainly been a challenging time for our staff and the business, your kind words and thoughts have helped make this situation easier to deal with.
If you have any questions or comments for us, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May the rest of 2021 continue to improve for all of us.
Your NoRa family
Updates regarding COVID-19 situation at NoRa
We will post all information and updates regarding the COVID-19 situation at NoRa here. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this or any COVID-19 topic at NoRa, please e-mail email@example.com
All information and updates will be posted below with the most recent updates at the top. All updates will be dated and time stamped.
Friday, January 8, 2021 2:00 pm
Our re-opening has gone well and with no issues. Everybody has been tested twice and no new positive results have been reported. Eveyone continues to remain symptom free.
Starting tomorrow (Saturday January 9th) our hours will be 7 am to 6 pm. We will also renew indoor seating (with restrictions) and breakfast.
Starting Monday January 11, we will resume a daily 7 am to 8 pm schedule until the state curfew is lifted.
Wednesday, January 6, 2021 1:15 pm
Our staff continues to finish their second round of testing with no new positive results. We are preparing NoRa for re-opening scheduled for Thursday morning (see message at top of this page). We are putting the finishing touches on some new health and safety policies which we will roll-out when we open. We look forward to seeing you all again shortly.
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 Noon
A brief but positive update today. We continue to have no new symptoms and no positive results from our staff. Additional team members have undergone a second round of testing. We are looking forward to sharing details of our re-opening plans shortly. Please check back here and on social media for details. Thanks again to everyone who has expressed their concern and shared their positive wishes. We look forward to sharing a drink with all of you again shortly. If you have any questions, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, January 4, 2021 4:00 pm
We have had no additional positive results nor any symptoms from any of our team members beyond those who had already tested positive. We have had NoRa professionally disinfected. We will be doing additional cleaning of NoRa before re-opening. Our staff who have had enough time pass since their last potential exposure have started their second round of testing. We are hoping to re-open as soon as possible once we have enough of our staff who have received two negative results. More details will be provided in future updates.
Sunday, January 3, 2021 10:00 am
We are having NoRa professionally sanitized today. We will remain closed until we have confirmed two negative tests from any staff member returning to work. We have received test results from all but one staff member and are pleased that we have not had any more positive results. At this point, our reopening will likely not occur before Wednesday, January 6. When we reopen, we will do so in a manner that ensures the highest level of safety for our customers and our staff.
We will continue to keep our NoRa community updated. We appreciate your support and all the warm wishes you have sent.
Saturday, January 2, 2021 10:15 am
We have received results from almost every staff member. Unfortunately two additional people have tested positive - one of which is me (Matt). I am now quarantined at home dealing with some symptoms. While I had started contacting all of the people who had visited the shop during the first team member's shifts, I won't be able to complete this effort. Rather, I ask that you look at the dates and times below of the two staff members shifts to see if you may have visited during one of their shifts. In addition, as I am constantly in and out of NoRa, I ask that if you spent any time with me, you consider getting yourself tested or at least stay highly vigilant.
We will remain closed until we are certain that anyone that was in contact with me has a second negative test and that we have NoRa professionally cleaned.
DATES AND TIMES of shifts of second positive worker over the past seven days
- Sunday, December 27, 2020 --- 6:00 pm to close
- Wednesday December 30, 2020 --- 6:00 pm to close
Friday, January 1, 2021 4:15 pm
Today we learned that one of our staff members received a positive result from a COVID-19 test they took on December 30th after not feeling well. We closed NoRa at noon once we learned of the news. We are having all staff tested regardless of whether they worked with the infected staff member or not. We will be closed on January 2nd to allow us time to deep clean NoRa. We will not re-open until we have the test results of all of our staff. If you have any questions about this or any other COVID-related topic, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
We do not know when or how the staff member became infected., We are posting below the dates and times that the infected staff member worked at NoRa over the past seven days. We are also pulling all of the transactions that occurred during the time the staff member was at NoRa during the past week. For those customers that were here during the time the staff member was working and which we have contact information, we will contact them to let them know. This may be by text or email. As we don't have information for every customer, if you want to check with us about whether you were here during that time, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATES AND TIMES when staff-member was working at NoRa over the past seven days:
- Friday, December 25, 2020 --- 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Sunday, December 27, 2020 --- 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Monday, December 28, 2020 -- 9:45 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 29, 2020 --- 7:00 am to 1:00 pm
Using only the best ingredients and having perfected the best flavor combinations, enjoy a wonderful latte or one of our specialty drinks.
Adult beverages to enjoy with friends
We have a wide selection of wines, beers and cider if looking for a place to relax with friends in the evening.